GDPR and IT Systems
Most businesses use IT Systems to collect, manage or store data of individuals.
Get your IT systems right, and GDPR becomes a lot easier to manage.
Your priority now is to carry out an audit of all the IT systems you use to handle the personal data of individuals. From your internal CRM to your HR system to your email marketing software, all of it needs to be assessed for GDPR compliance.
We can carry out this audit for you. The advantages of using Hero IT Support to assess your exisiting systems are
• We’re experts in IT systems with 10+ years of experience of encryption and data systems
• We also advise on business technology, meaning we can suggest and implement the right solutions for your business, ensuring your processes are end-to end compliant with minimal disruption
Non-compliance can end up in big fines, and ignorance is no excuse as the ICO regulations have been circulating for some time.
GDPR is not just a box to tick
GDPR isn’t going away. It’s not a box to tick at the end of your IT systems planning. It is an integral process that should be engrained deeply into your organisation’s systems, culture and business processes.
I’m Ragnar, Director of Hero IT Support. I’m an expert in data compliance. I am passionate about business technology and choosing the right solutions for the right purposes, without duplication of effort or unneccessary cost/disruption. Data security should be built into your processes and products from the offset.
GDPR is big news, but can be broken down into smaller, bitesize chunks with the right advice and the right strategy in place. If you need help in making sense of exactly how GDPR will affect you, let’s have a chat.
The role of encryption
The GDPR sets out data security principles including: fairness, lawfulness and transparency; purpose limitation; data minimization; data quality; security, integrity and confidentiality.
You must ensure that personal data is processed in a manner that ensures its security, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Meaning cyber attacks, malware, disasters or lost devices, amongst a host of other scenario.
Encrytion is one of the security measures recommended by the regulation which can be used to achieve data protection, alongside:
- pseudonymization of personal data
- the ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of systems and services processing personal data
- the ability to restore the availability of and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident
- a process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring personal data processing security
We already encrypt all of our clients’ data in case of attacks, and we have 10 + years experience of doing it. If you need help with your data encryption, get in touch today.
Together we grow businesses
We thrive on the relationships we have with our customers. Together we grow businesses through the right technology. And we’re constantly adding to our suite of tools meaning although we can fix your IT issues rapidly, we often won’t need to because you won’t encounter the problems in the first place. No time wasted on IT support issues = empowering your employees to do more, go faster and maximise your business efficiencies.
Productivity, future-proofing and protection – all at a low monthly cost. Get in touch today.