Outlook has a lot of default settings which few people know how to alter. One example is being able to download more than 12 months worth of offline email history in Outlook. This is particularly important when long, ongoing projects last more than a year and you need to refer back to important emails.
How to keep more than 12 months worth of offline email history in outlook
- Click ‘File’
- Go to ‘Account Settings’, then click ‘Account Settings’ again
- Select the email account you wish to make this change to. (Note, if you have multiple accounts, you may have to do this separately for each email account, depending on how your emails have been set up.)
- Drag the slider to the desired length of time you would like to back-date your email to
- Select ‘Next’. A pop up should appear warning you that you need to restart Outlook
- Click ‘Finish’
- Restart Outlook. You will now be able to view more than 12 months worth of offline email history in Outlook.