Spot the signs of courier scams…
Courier scams are mainly targeted towards individuals rather than businesses, however, it is still important to familiarise yourself with the scam, especially if you have a business card. This cybercrime involves the criminals coming straight to your door. A lot of personal and financial information is leaked through this crime and can put victims at serious risk. The cybercriminals cold call victims convincing them to divulge confidential information under the false idea that they can trust this person calling them. There are many variations, but they are all similar.
Are you still searching for IT companies near me without any luck? Hero IT Support offers a variation of managed IT services to give you everything your company needs from a tech standpoint. Get in touch today!
- Cold callers or calls you are not expecting
- Being told your card is about to expire, when it is not
- Being told there is fraudulent activity in your account, and you know this is not true as you regularly monitor your account
- Being asked for your PIN and your address
- Being told a courier will collect your card
- Call your bank immediately and inform them of the situation
- Phone the police and inform them of what has happened
- Phone us straight away on 0800 680 00 88 and report it to Action Fraud
- Don’t ever give out personal details over the phone, no matter who you believe it to be
- The police and your bank will never send a courier to your home, collect an expiring card or ask for your PIN
- Call your bank on a known number to check if there has been any fraudulent activity. But make sure any previous calls have been ended before making this call
- Investigate the possibility of dedicated IT support services