Whether it’s for business or personal emails, follow this simple, easy and free step-by-step guide on how to set up Outlook on your iOS device. You will need to make sure your device is up to date and compatible. Some of the text in the images have been removed for confidentiality purposes.
- Go to the app store– once you are on the app store, search for and download the Outlook app.
- Open the app– once the app has finished installing, open it up.
- Tap ‘Get Started’– you will be brought to a page prompting you to ‘get started’. Click this button.
- Choose notifications settings– there will then be an option to receive notifications by clicking ‘notify me’ or if you would prefer not to, click ‘no thanks’. If you chose ‘notify me’, your device will then double check with if you want to allow this app to send you notifications. If you do then click ‘OK’, if not then click ‘don’t allow’.
- Select your email provider– you will then need to select which email provider you use.
- Sign in– once you have chosen your current email provider you will need to sign in to this account by filling in your email address and password then clicking ‘add account’.
- Add another account– once you have added your current email account there is an option to add another account for those who have multiple email accounts. If you only have one email account or only want one account on the device, click ‘maybe later’. If you do wish to add any more email accounts, click ‘let’s do it!’
- Follow tips or click skip– after you have added all your accounts you will be taken to a screen with tips and advice on how to use the app. These are quite helpful if you have never used an email app before. Alternatively, you can click ‘skip’. You will then be taken to your inbox and you are ready to start using the app.This is a screenshot of the email inbox after you have set up the Outlook app